Summaries of Talks, Tutorials, Publications, and Presentations
This is a non-exhaustive list of talks and topics that William Yang
has materials already prepared upon.
- Using Internet Standards to
Control the Cost of Spam (formerly "I Do Not Like Green Eggs and
Spam") - a standards-based attempt to control the cost of unsolicited
electronic mail at the Greater Columbus Free-Net. (1 hour)
- An Introduction to Computer and
Network Security - an introduction to Internet security issues for
system and network administrators, and people who manage system and
network administrators (1 hour).
- Are Your Systems Secure? - an
introductory-level talk about the risks, methods, and strategies for making
public access Internet and network computing equipment operate in a more
- National InfraGard - an
introduction to the national program that partners government with
industry to protect the critical infrastructures of the United States.
- Secure Managment of Computing Resources - a policy-maker's view of
computer, network, intranet, and Internet security issues. Issues
include development of policy, cost-effectiveness of systems, and
how to justify investments in security (1 hour).
- Safe Computing Practices on the Internet - an introduction to
Internet security issues for users, including discussions of risks and
appropriate protective measures. (1 hour)
- Developing HTML forms - a tutorial on writing user input forms for
use on the World Wide Web, intended for HTML-savvy individuals (1 hour).
- Programming for the Common Gateway Interface - a primer/tutorial on CGI
programming on the World Wide Web (2 hours).
- Choosing an Internet Service Provider - an exploration of the
decision making strategies involved in choosing an ISP (20 minutes).
- Secure Remote Access to E-Mail -
a case study in how to make e-mail accessible to your users no matter
where they are, or how they connect using the SSH tunnelling protocol.
If you are interested in learning more about any of this material,
or in having William Yang speak to you or your organization on any of
these (or related) topics, please contact us using our web contact
form at http://wdyllc.com/contact.